Friday 30 January 2009

Welcome

Welcome all,

I'm a PhD student working on a thesis which looks at the dialogue between theology and literature. I'm particularly interested in bringing the various works of Russell Hoban (mostly the novels and essays) into conversation with both the literary criticism of Mikhail Bakhtin and systematic theology. I am not in any way trying to suggest that Hoban's novels are religious, nor am I making any assumptions about his personal feelings about belief, faith and religion: I simply want to open out my academic world to engagement with the literature I love!

Watch this space for discussion threads - please feel free to join in and comment.

Also see sa4qe for details about events surrounding Russell Hoban's birthday next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment